-

Friday, May 17, 2013

Digital Love




Social Media has done something to people, it has made people better or worse than what they really are. Very rarely do "you get what you see" when it comes to the person portrayed on social media outlets and the  person you would get had you known whats in their heart. There is an obvious physical disconnect with social media but it later turns into a mental and psychological one. There are people who enjoy there virtual reality better than there actual reality. I can hear the collective voice of our grandparents saying "what is wrong with this generation?".... But seriously what is wrong with our generation? Video games and social networks have desensitized very human elements of our person to a degree that basic interaction and compassion is no longer common place.





I remember the days when guys really had girlfriends.

I'm not much of a movie watcher but whenever I was forced to it was always an old one. I can remember being in college(like a week ago) and my Professor Dr.Burns would play these vintage movies with Paul Newman and Elizabeth Taylor in them. At first I thought I would get that rush of boredom that makes you want to sleep until you fall of the desk kind of feeling but I realized something important, the era in which these movies were made was a golden age. Sure the late 60's and 70's had its problems but back then people were actually people. Knowingly or unknowingly there is a certain posturing and artificial flavor to most people you come in contact with today. Maybe its our do everything for you smart phones or our facade laden image on social networks, but whatever it is it has to go... we have to stop pretending. I long for the day that I can take a girl to a nice dinner and have a good conversation that doesn't have to do with something on television, or what her friends are saying on twitter, or have to stop every 20 minutes to take a instagram picture... you know, like it was not too long ago.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Translate