-

Sunday, December 16, 2012

Social Media Blurring The Lines Of Creativity



What I'm about to talk about in this post may be the single most bothersome things I come across on a daily basis. There is a quote that I take refuge in when I first thought about sharing my view on this, it goes "you are not entitled to your opinion. you are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant". With this idea in mind what I have realized is that due to social media everyone now can be seen as a creator or a person of substantial intellect, even if you don't possess it... as long as you appear to have it. It's kind of like being a lifeguard at the beach yet if you were put to the test you would not be able to save a soul. I partially blame the Internet and social media as a machine for making people think they can pose as something they aren't. I mostly blame the people posing like they know things, experienced things or have traveled places they haven't when there are people out here who take creativity, culture, philosophy and intelligent thinking seriously. Now we live in a world where anyone with a opinion can say anything and broadcast it for masses to consume no matter how foolish it may be. Honestly when I see things now I don't know what to believe, I choose to consume information cautiously. I challenge you all to be your own person and be true to your soul, the world needs more individuals and less wannabes and pretenders. 



"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Translate