-

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

The Social Media Celebrity


This is something that bothers me a lot about my generation of people. I feel like social media has distorted our idea of what qualifies as what an admirable person should be. What is even more sad is that it also has given people a false sense of confidence. Nowadays everyone is a celebrity on social media. They all say things that they believe we think is cool or fancy, posts pictures of extravagant things, and basically portray a lifestyle they don't live. Truly the saddest part about this is that in real life the person is nothing like this, not even close. The social media outlet allows people to portray the role of someone lavish while they are sitting at home, in most cases not even trying to obtain this lifestyle in real life. I've heard of fake it until you make it but social media has took it a step further, it's more like fake it and not even try to make it. To me it shows that these people are lacking something in their life that they are hoping the social media outlet can fill. I say all of that to say this, if you are a social media celebrity then let me pose this question.... what is it all worth?

Part 2: The Social Media Model ... Coming later today. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Translate