-

Friday, December 21, 2012

Be Prepared


Preparation is the key to the most important things in life, but not the common things you may think. I urge you to be prepare for pain, be prepared for people you believe in the most to let you down. If you are in love with someone be prepared that they will do the unthinkable when you are away, if you have faith in a good life long friend be prepared that they will let you down. Being able to handle the worst moments you will experience will determine how far you can go, how well you can prosper. This doesn't mean don't trust anyone, but what I am saying is don't be surprise when people behave in ways that you don't understand. Just be prepared.



“Another way to be prepared is to think negatively. Yes, I'm a great optimist. but, when trying to make a decision, I often think of the worst case scenario. I call it 'the eaten by wolves factor.' If I do something, what's the most terrible thing that could happen? Would I be eaten by wolves? One thing that makes it possible to be an optimist, is if you have a contingency plan for when all hell breaks loose. There are a lot of things I don't worry about, because I have a plan in place if they do.”
― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Translate